Cortex has been involved with conservation planning at a wide range of scales, from entire landscapes to individual species. We provide several different services to support conservation planning including:
- planning conservation actions that are linked to desired outcomes and implementing conservation actions that work
- supporting and facilitating multi-stakeholder processes
- analysing management scenarios to determine key ecological and socio-economic responses to management actions
- projecting terrestrial and aquatic habitat conditions, and species' distribution and abundance over time and space using models developed for both single species and multiple species
- determining whether planned disturbances combined with natural disturbances will lead to unacceptable deviations from the range of natural variation in biodiversity values
- analysing whether a species population can persist using spatial or spatially stratified population models
- using processing decision support tools to transfer results from models into decision-making.